Monday, January 29, 2007

Fess Up Monday!

Did you write? Did you sell? How many words? Tell, tell tell!


The Global Existential Threat Level remains at GUARDED.


I'm working on a little rant about appropriate sexuality levels in speculative romance stories. I've been disappointed lately as a reader by books which seem to inject inappropriate or gratuitous sexual content, detracting from the stories' character development, speculative integrity, plot and tone. But I keep sounding like some prude who doesn't like sex. Which is certainly not the intention of the essay or an accurate reflection of dirty little me.

So if anyone has some early ideas, rants of their own, etc., about speculative romance sex, toss them out in the comments and I'll address them later this week in this rant. I believe the issue is an important one, and I can't believe I'm the only person dealing with them as both reader and author.

1 comment:

Joyce Ellen Armond said...

Another great week with 6770 words between two projects. My weekly goal is 5000 words, so I'm very happy with progress these last two weeks.

On the not so happy front...

Ideomancer, almost 2 months after they asked to hold the story for further consideration, turned down my tentacles in love story. Damn, damn, damn.