Thursday, March 01, 2007

TTQ!

New feature! New feature!

Who knows what lurks in the hearts and minds of SpecRom members? We'll pierce the veil by asking….The Ten Twiggy Questions.

First to step out of the shadows: Specrom Jody. She lurks through specromlandia under a plethora of disguises, including the dreaded Grammar Wench. Watch out: the sharp edge of her humor is classified as a deadly weapon. Also watch out: she just made a sale! Mwah ha ha!

The Essentials:

Can you reveal your name?
Jody Wallace, and I also write under the penname Ellie Marvel. Or the cat does. Yeah, it's the cat.

Where do you call home?
The recliner in the living room

Why the heck are you a member of Speculative Romance Online?
Joyce said I wasn't allowed to leave her when she took over.
(Editor note: true story)

The Stories:

What three speculative romance novels/series must be on your shelf at all times to avoid interdimensional Armageddon?
Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series, Swendson's Katie Chandler series, Briggs'Mercedes Thompson series

What three other books/series of any genre, fiction or non-fiction, must be there, too?
Clyde Edgerton's Walking Across Egypt, Jennifer Crusie's entire list, and something I haven't read before that looks really, really good, so there's always hope in my heart

In three simple sentences (beginning-middle-end), describe the plot of the Perfect Speculative Romance.
I can't answer this question. There are too many perfect plots and not enough time for me to write them. That's three sentences, anyway.

The Scoop:

What movie do you find (speculatively or otherwise) romantic?
Right now a favorite is the BBC Pride and Prejudice.

What speculative romance would you most like to see made into a movie?
I would love to see Susan Grant's CONTACT made into a movie. I won't go so far as to cast the roles, but I think it's very powerful and cinematic.

What is your favorite purple prose sexual euphemism?
Is rumpy pumpy purple prose? Because that phrase always makes me laugh.

The Secret:

Tell us a secret. (Feel free to use initials to disguise identities and to embellish wildly!)
I went to a therapist exactly two times until I made her cry, and then I figured I was healed.

3 comments:

Joyce Ellen Armond said...

Are you a Speculative Romance Online member who dares answer the Ten Twiggy Questions?

Email me and we will feature you. :)

veinglory said...

I, alas, am an interloper :) Although eventually I should check out what it is all about.

p.s. purple prose is excessively florid language use of any sort, often metaphorical.

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Hey Joyce! I see you put a lot of typos into my interview answers to make me look like an idiot.

Ha! Ok, not really.

JW